Largest Captive (In House) Heat Treats in North America
To start off 2022 “The Monty Heat Treat News” has set ourselves the task of updating our list of the 10 largest captive heat treat locations in North America. This will be based upon total number of furnaces (as opposed to total throughput), this is heat treating only (as opposed to a steel mill as an example) and this will be single locations only. Our goal is have out list completed by the end of January 2022. While the final list has not been completed a few to consider include;
- Timken, Mexico who has been making some very large investments in new heat treat equipment.
- Ford, Sharonville, Ohio, USA
- John Deere, Waterloo, Iowa, USA
- American Axle, Mexico
- Caterpillar, Illinois, USA
- Pratt & Whitney, CT, USA
- Schaeffler, Joplin, MO, USA
- Linamar, Guelph, Ontario, Canada-we are including these photos of their in house heat treat department.
Stay tuned and as always we look forward to your suggestions.
Did you like this article? Click here to subscribe to The Monty.
View our recent magazines and podcasts by clicking the following link. http://www.themonty.com/magazine/